Friday, March 6, 2009

L Words

So lovely,
So lovely are his words
The verbs
That get under my skin,
Make me wonder “where has he been?”
As his words make my head spin
Again,
and again…

as for now we only speak,
but these sweet nothings make me weak
make me wonder do I seek,
what he has
what I lack
and so I ask
what is so lovely about this man
to whom right now I only speak
but yet his words, they make me weak
damn, so lovely how we speak
but yet so weak,
A paradox, it seems I like him

To Like,
Another word,
Another verb
And though I know it seems absurd
That just his words
Have made me like him
Made me want to know more,
Adore,
The way that he is,
The way that he’s not,
Damn, I’ve thickened the plot.
Because right now we’re only friends
And our bond does not transcend
The rules that keep good friends at bay,
Away,
From this word, this verb, “to Like
This cannot be alright
How could I, his friend, like him?
Better yet could I invite him
To like me back?
Or would that be
An unintentional attack
On our friendship?

As time goes by I like him more
Adore
The way he says my name
Lola...
The way he calls me baby
As he lulls to sleep
So maybe,
Baby,
I should show you how I feel
For real
Because this like, this word, this verb
No longer occurs without the presence of another L word
Lust

So now I lust after your lips
After your scent
They way you noticed how my nose is bent
Your eyes
Their size
Their shape, the color
How I wonder
What it would be like for you
To do
Those things that make me say …Ooh

At night I think
To myself
This cant be good
For my health
He’s just my friend,
Then again,
I want him

I want him in every
Single
way
I want him more
Every
Single
day
I want him to kiss
my fears
away
I want him to be
I want him to stay.
Because I love him

Damn,
I just got hit
With another word
Another verb
Another feeling
That’s got my heart reeling
Out of control
I’m feeling my soul
Be penetrated
By his touch


I want him to turn me out
To show me what he’s all about
I’m so willing
To take that route
But then again he’s just my friend
And even more,
I’m not the only one that wants him

So hither comes another word
Another verb
Another chick
Another girl who claims she loves him
She says she wants,
Says she needs,
To have him back
She begs him please
To put her broken soul at ease
To take her back
To just appease
Her needs

And though he says their love’s undone,
That she is no longer the one,
Still I wonder.
Three years she made him feel complete,
How could my love ever compete
With hers?

Still I know
That that
Was long ago
And so
I don’t sweat it
I let it just be
And just hope that you and me
Will see
What its like
To be lovely,
To like,
To lust,
To love
To be lost in that place
In a space
Where we’re free to expand
And withstand
All the shit that may be.
So baby…

Let’s just go
Just let it loose
Let’s just grow
Teach me words
Teach me secret verbs
Beginning with “L”
and I wont tell

So Lets,
Explore the alphabet
Discover words from a to z
That describe
What you and me
Have come to be

Lets
get lost,
in this Linguistic,
Lullaby,
Lets,
Allow the months to pass us by,
Lets
Cruise our way
Through May,
Please,
Rock my senses through June
July, august
And soon
We won’t even remember
that its September
Much less October…
Fuck being sobered
By the restraints of time
Just be mine
Lets move too fast
Let me be the last
To kiss you goodnight
Lets go left,
Fuck what’s right

So baby,
Hear these L’s roll off of my tongue
Because you’re the one,
And I’m here
to let you know that you’re
lovely
and I hope that one day you’ll
love me
the way I’m loving you
and I’m lusting
for you mind body an soul
because I need you
to make me feel whole
and I like
how you make me want to spit these verbs,
so baby feel me
when I speak these L words.






I wrote this for him in the beginning...And still so it is and ever shall be...
Sweet memories...

No comments: